The Westfall Team's Mission is to promote the advancement of software excellence by helping our clients achieve effective and efficient software engineering, software quality, information technology, risk management and project management practices.
Our Vision of Client Success:
The Westfall Team partners with our clients to identify and provide practical solutions that improve the client’s capabilities to develop and maintain high quality software-intensive products. We provide our clients with training solutions tailored to ensure effective transfer of practical tools and techniques that can be immediately incorporated to improve on-the-job performance. We facilitate the incorporation of industry recognized practices into our client’s systems and processes in order to increase their capabilities and allow them to better handle the complexities driven by software size, functionality, quality and time-to-market constraints. We help our clients establish, develop and maintain common sense systems and processes that:
- Match the way they actually do business
- Maximize quality and business value
- Minimize cycle time and rework
- Increase management insight and visibility
- Enhance organizational and individual learning
- Reduce bureaucratic overhead
- Manage and protect intellectual capital
Linda Westfall is teaching open enrollment offerings of the following course (click here for more information or to register for one or more of these course):
- Introduction to Agile course on January 29-30, 2018 in Richland, WA. Click here for course description and detailed course outline.
- Software Peer Reviews and Inspections course on January 31-February 1, 2018 in Richland, WA. Click here for course description and detailed course outline.
- Software Functional Testing and Test Management course on February 5-8, 2018 in Richland, WA. Click here for course description and detailed course outline.
Free Webinar: Software Configuration Management Audits presented by Linda Westfall on December 20, 2017 from noon - 1:30 pm CST
Software configuration management audits provide assurance by validating that the software products are implemented in accordance with their requirements and that the software configuration management processes were followed and their objectives were achieved. Three types of Software Configuration Management (SCM) audits are typically performed:
- Functional Configuration Audit (FCA), which is an evaluation of the completed software products to determine their conformance, in terms of completeness, performance and functional characteristics, to their requirements specification(s).
- Physical Configuration Audit (PCA), which is an evaluation of each configuration item to determine its conformance to the technical documentation that defines it.
- In-Process SCM Audits, which are ongoing evaluations conducted throughout the life cycle to provide management with information about compliance to SCM policies, plans, processes and systems, and about the conformance of software product to their requirements and workmanship standards.
This webinar discusses the purpose of each of these three types of SCM audits. It also provides example audit checklist items that could be used during audit evaluations and suggested evidence gathering techniques for each of the items in those checklists.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Linda Westfall is teaching an ASQ open enrollment offering of our Software Quality Engineering course:
On January 22-25, 2018 in Richland, WA
On March 26-30, 2018 in Austin, TX
Linda Westfall is teaching an ASQ open enrollment offering of our Software Quality Engineering Certification (CSQE) Preparation course (This course has been UPDATED to match the newest ASQ CSQE Body of Knowledge) - More information
On May 21-25, 2018 in Baltimore, MD
On November 5-9, 2018 in San Diego, CA
Louise Tamres is teaching an ASQ open enrollment offering of our Software Quality Engineering course:
On June 11-15, 2018 in Oak Brook, IL